someone needs to turn down that sass level
Two things to know about Canada!
- We are smart enough to know hot things should be hot.
- We are sorry if you don’t
A few things you need to know about this hot coffee case:
- It wasn’t an issue of the coffee being because no fucking shit coffee is hot, but McDonald’s had over heated their water to 185 degrees Fahrenheit. Not just hot, but really FUCKING hot. Your fancy Starbucks lattes are brewed to 150 degrees.
- The 79 year old woman had this cup of 185F coffee between her legs when it spilled so 185F coffee spilled on her genitals
- She got third degree burns…on her genitals. THIRD DEGREE.
- She had to have skin grafts to repair the damage
- When she sued McDonald’s, it wasn’t for millions of dollars, it was for $20,000 to cover hospital costs and court fees. 20-fucking-thousand.
- It was the courts that awarded her the amount of money she got. Again, she only wanted hospital bills and court costs
- McDonald’s changed their heating policy, but not before making her sign a gag order keeping her from talking about this case
- So she had to live on hearing little shits like you call her stupid and money-grubbing, and other horrendous stuff because she dared ask the company in the wrong to fix what they fucked up.
I know I’ve reblogged this before tonight but so help me god, I will keep reblogging this with the proper information so everyone can maybe learn not to be an asshole. Like I said before, next person to mock this woman can have 185F water poured on their dick or lady dick and see how you like it.
So sit the fuck down, Canada.
Edit: I have corrected the actual temperature upon further research into the case. Point still stands, it was hotter than the company policy stated.